Different teams, projects, and workflows will always need their own unique set of checklists, so why limit your field team to only using standard forms? With Raken Checklists, it's easy to build your own customized templates and make them available to your whole team across your projects in minutes. Read through the steps below to learn how.
- Login to the Raken Web App and click on the Company tab at the top of the screen.
- Click on the Safety & Quality tab. Right away you'll see the page where you can start building and customizing your company checklist templates.
- Click on the green + New Template button in the middle of the screen.
- In the window that appears, give your new template an identifiable name and then choose whether to start from scratch or use one of the Raken pre-built templates as your starting point.
- Next, click on the orange Create Template button in the bottom right to launch the Template Builder window.
- Edit your Checklist Template and either publish or save it as a draft using the action below.
- From the Templates tab of the Checklists section, you will see all of your drafts and published templates. You can resume editing or delete templates from your company by clicking on the three dots to the right of the template name.
- You can add as many templates as you like. Only those marked as Published will be visible to your team to complete in the field.
Template Builder Actions:
From the Template Builder, you can take the following actions to ensure your checklist capture all the data you need from the field team.
- Change the template name - Click on the pencil icon to the right of the template name at the top of the window.
- Edit the Checklist title and description - Click anywhere in the text of the Checklist title or description at the top of the white content box to edit.
- Add a new question - Click on the + Add Question button at the bottom of the white content box to create a new question. You can add as many questions as you like.
- Edit the question text - Click directly on the text of any question to edit the wording.
- Change question response type - Click on the downward pointing arrow to the right of a question to change the response type between Yes No N/A, Checkbox, and Text Answer response types.
- Reorder questions - Click and drag questions using the three lines to the left of each question to change the order
- Delete a question - Click on the three dots to the right of each question and then click on the Delete button that appears in the dropdown.
- Add a Template Section - Click on the grey + Add Section button below the white content box to add a new checklist section. Give the new section a title and description and then use the actions above to add and customize the question required in the section. You can have as many sections as you want.
- Reorder sections - Click and drag a section using the three lines to the left of the section title/description or click on the three dots to the right of the section title/description and click the Move Up / Move Down options from the dropdown as needed.
- Delete a section - Click on the three dots to the right of the section title/description and then click on the Delete button that appears on the dropdown.
- Preview the Checklist - Click on the Preview toggle at the top right just above the white content box. The content will change to show you what your team will see while completing a checklist. Click the toggle again to continue editing.
- Save the template as a draft - Click the grey Save as draft button in the top right of the screen. Your edits will be saved, but the template will not be made visible to your team to complete.
- Publish the template - Click on the orange Publish button in the top right of the screen. Your completed template will be saved and will be immediately available for your team to complete from their projects on both the web and mobile apps.
- To create and modify company checklist templates, you need to have either Account Admin or Admin level permissions.
- Once published, your checklist templates will be available from each of your projects in Raken.
- Checklists are only available on the Performance Plan. If you'd like to learn more about upgrading please check out our Pricing Page.
Feel free to email us or call us at +1 866-438-0646.
We're always glad to answer your questions!