As projects continue to expand in size and complexity, so do construction team’s field reporting needs.
Up until now, Raken has limited projects to one daily report submission per day. On projects with multiple foreman, shifts, locations, or phases this has presented a challenge. This will no longer be the case with the introduction of our new Segmented Daily Reporting tool. This enhancement will allow for the submission of multiple daily reports on a project each day.
How it works
Using Raken Desktop, project admins can create segments to specify daily reports they would like submitted from the field from within the project's settings.
Common use cases include:
- A segment for each foreman
- A segment for each shift
- A segment for each location
- A segment for each phase or section
Field supervisors then simply select the appropriate segment from a drop-down menu and fill in jobsite data as they normally would.
After each segment's daily report is signed and submitted, it is automatically emailed as a PDF to stakeholders and accessible via Raken Desktop from within the project’s compliance tab. Each segment's daily report can be downloaded separately or they can be downloaded as one combined PDF.
This feature is currently in beta and we’re excited to get your feedback.
How do I join the beta?
- Sign up here to request beta access, and select "Segmented Daily Reporting" from the Product Interest dropdown option in the form.
- If selected to participate, you will receive an email with instructions for how to use Segments on a project of your choosing.
Are there any participation requirements?
Yes, at this time you must:
- Be able to use Segments on an active project between June-August 2020
- Have an active Raken Performance or Enterprise account
- Have company admin access permissions
- Be willing to provide product feedback and communicate with members of the Raken project team throughout the duration of the beta period
Note: If you're new to Raken or on a Basic or Professional plan, sign-up and a member of our team will reach out with next steps for getting your team access.
How will the beta work?
Once you've received confirmation that you meet the criteria and have been selected to participate, we'll turn on Segments for one project of your choosing. We will periodically ask you how things are going, and give you the ability to provide in-app feedback. You can also reach out to our product team at any time.
As with any beta program, you’ll have early access to features that are still under development so it may have some quirks that need to be improved upon—but that's what beta testing is for!
How do I provide feedback?
If you have been working with someone on Raken’s product team, you may contact them directly. Otherwise, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or provide feedback directly from within the mobile and web apps using the “help” chat functionality.
We know that collaboration with our users is the key to building the best field solution we can. With your help, we will continue to improve the Raken experience.